Sustainable mobility Hackathon & Meet UP
Sustainability InnoCenter and its partners are proud to invite you to our 2023 Hackathon intended to find solutions to challenges related to Sustainable Mobility, using Nudging and behavioural science as tools for change. Team up with old or new friends and create novel ideas with the potential to make a difference! We encourage participants to make full use of their skills and competencies and also to take these two days to learn something new that could be implemented in your own projects. Are you a newbie or a seasoned hacker? Do you not have a team? No problem at all, we still welcome you with open arms. Create a concept, learn new things and make new friends!
Sustainable mobility is a crucial part of achieving sustainable development and promoting a safe environment for all. By enabling safe, clean, and affordable transportation, sustainable mobility can enhance social and economic development across nations. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and professions, including researchers, product designers, project managers, business developers, data specialists, UX/UI masters, communication pioneers, programming gurus, sustainability and mobility experts, as well as students and anyone else who wants to contribute to making a positive impact. If you are passionate about driving change and promoting sustainable mobility, we invite you to participate in our idea competition.
The Sustainable Mobility Hackathon is an open and non-profit event that invites anyone with an interest in creating solutions to promote a sustainable and safe future. If you are:
- Excited to spend a few days tackling challenging projects alongside other experts.
- Bursting with ideas that you're eager to develop further.
- Ready to gain new experiences and connect with like-minded individuals.
- Looking forward to meeting new friends and teammates.
- Thrilled to work on your ideas in a fun and supportive environment.
- Passionate about making a real impact by co-creating fantastic social innovations.
- Hoping to win amazing prizes for your efforts.
Then the Sustainable Mobility Hackathon is the event for you! Don't miss this exciting opportunity to collaborate with others, have fun, and make a positive impact in the world.
The event will culminate in an exciting presentation of contestants' projects and a final prize ceremony. The main winners will have the opportunity to work with our partners to further develop their ideas. Whether you're a seasoned expert or just starting out, all backgrounds and interests are welcome.
All we ask is that you register well in advance and bring your best mood and smile! Best of all, the event is completely free of charge, and we'll finish with a fun networking event and party. Seats are limited, so don't miss your chance to be a part of this exciting event.
Why to join?
Join the Sustainable Mobility Hackathon to take on an interesting challenge and ignite your creativity. It's also an excellent opportunity to expand your network and connect with like-minded individuals outside of your usual circles. By participating, you'll have the chance to:
- Build your CV and gain valuable experience working on real-world challenges.
- Meet and introduce yourself to a diverse range of societal actors, including experts, entrepreneurs, and innovators.
- Forge new friendships, learn new things, and broaden your horizons.
- Challenge yourself and push your limits to see what you're capable of achieving.
- Work with SIC partners to develop your ideas and bring them to life.
- Win exciting prizes that recognize your hard work and creativity.
- And of course, have a lot of fun along the way.
Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to expand your horizons, grow your network, and make a real impact on the world of sustainable mobility.
Join us at the Sustainable Mobility Hackathon today!
If you already have a team, we welcome you to register all your team members! A team must consist of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 5 members. Don't worry if you don't have a team yet - we'll help you find one before the competition starts.
Simply sign up and let us know that you're looking for a team, and we'll do our best to connect you with other like-minded individuals who share your interest and dedication.
Competition entries can be submitted in English and will be pitched by each team to our jury (approx. 5 min), physically or online. Entries must be submitted via our digital channels, according to the instructions that will be provided over the coming weeks.
- For participation to the event registration is required
- All participants interested in working on a challenge will be offered , breakfast , lunch and dinner.
- Deadline for registrations : 9 of May 2023
- Please note the ticket is transferable.
- Since we need to order a number of meals for the participants, there would be a no-show fee of 350 SEK if not inform latest one week before the event.
- You can join any time of the day- just let the organisers know.
Are you our winner? Take a look here to see what you get!
Competition entries can be submitted in English and will be pitched by each team to our jury (approx. 5 min) physically or online. Entries must be submitted via our digital channels, according to information that comes over the coming weeks.
Are you winner look here what you get!
- First prize: A trip for the winners with the highest score to beautiful Salzburg , Austria - and attendance to DyMoN summer school and conference . (2 pers)
- Second prize: A prize 25 000 SEK in form on work to develop the solution further
- Third prize : 6 months office space at Green Innovation park (all winners)
- Collaboration with Uppsala University and possibility for financing of up to 300 000 SEK - find more information HERE and HERE
- Expert team build up that will assist in developing your solutions further.
- Internships with partnering organisations.
- Possibilities for thesis projects together with the DyMoN and Sustainability Innocenter partners.
- Access to a number of innovation actors in the region.
- Participation in business, acceleration and blockchain incubators that can host and develop your ideas further.
- Participation in business and incubation programs that will help you evolve your solutions further.
- Sustainability : How does the solution contribute to one or more of the sustainability goals?
- Innovation profile : Is the solution innovative?
- Feasibility and clarity : Is it likely that the solution can be implemented?
- Potential for idea realisation : How big is the impact and scalability?
- Societal benefit: How will the solution create benefits for the residents and people of the city?
- Solution presentation and team : How was your pitch to the jury? Does the team have the right competence to develop the idea further?
During the Sustainable Mobility Hackathon, any ideas, prototypes, mock-ups or other material created by participants and included in the competition are owned by the creators themselves. We encourage sharing of code, thoughts, and ideas among participants.
The organisers and participants have the right to post and describe the contest entries and share them on social media platforms and all participating websites, as well as other communication and marketing channels associated with the Hackathon. This way, the community can learn about the innovative solutions and ideas developed during the event.
If you need more information about the Hack or are interested in being a partner, please contact:
We aim to work in teams & assist society solving some of its main challenges!
Sustainability InnoCenter (SIC) , is a community platform for professionals, academics and idealists which its members and partners work on various projects of United Nations sustainability agenda. The key driver for SIC is to provide new ground to technical concepts and innovative ideas dedicated to the creation of a more sustainable society. SIC is based in the academic town of Uppsala in Sweden and it's dedicated team works with sustainable development, innovation- and project management. SIC's role is to help organizations, companies and municipalities to improve their sustainability profile.
We are looking forward to e-meet you
If you need more information about the Hack or interested in being a partner please contact:
If you need more information about the Hack or interested in joining in any other way feel free to contact:
For more general questions feel free to contact:
Harris Stamatopoulos, Coll Manager at Uppsala University Innovation partnership office and Chief Executive Dreamer of Sustainability InnoCenter
Henrik Cyrén, Senior Strategic Business Developer at Green Innovation park greet!
Welcoming message - Joachim Höggren, Vice chairman of the Traffic and Community environment board, Uppsala municipality
Mag. Dr.in Claudia Luger-Bazinger, DyMoN coordinator, Nudging methods for sustainable mobility , Salzburg research
Madelene Håkansson, Mobility Strategist Region of Uppsala.How the county works with mobility and Nudging ?
Oscar Martín from Cemus comes and says hi!
Erik Apel, Planning strategist , case Gävle
Matchmaking and networking lunch
Matchmaking for those who have not found their team members yet.
Erik Tosterud, Business Developer, Team up workshop with Drivhuset
At the same time the already formed teams can start working on their cases.
DEADLINE FOR THE TEAMS TO SUBMIT THE HACKATHON SOLUTIONS
Information on how to submit your solutions is provided in the online community of the Hackathon.
Uppsala's Innovation System: Reverse pitch of some of Region's innovation actors (UIC, UUI, UUS, SIC, Gävle Innovation Hub, Innovation lab ,Uppsala kommun,Drivhuset, Science park Gotland, Chromia Innovation lab)
Henrik Cyrén - Senior Strategic Business Developer , Green Innovation park
Annika Remaeus - Head of unit, business and development Uppsala kommun
Fredrik Österholm - Director, Science Park Gotland
Sara Gredemark - Project manager at Uppsala University Innovation (UU Innovation)
Helena Bysell - Collaboration manager at Uppsala University Innovation Parthership office
Emma Hansson - Program Manager & Business Developer , Uppsala Innovation Center
Serdar Temiz - Director of Chromia Innovation Lab
Sterre Nijboer - Project associate Sustainability InnoCenter
DyMoN Presentation 1 - Judith Stiekema, Business Development Manager, Open & Agile Smart Cities
DyMoN Presentation 2 - Dana Kazieya, Researcher, University of Salzburg
DyMoN Presentation 3 - Matthias Seeber Data Scientist, Trafficon
DyMoN Presentation 4- David Leinster, Innovation researcher , Salzburg Research
Teams pitch their solutions in front of the Jury- Moderator Helena Bysell , Collaboration manager, UU Innovation Partnership office
Jury is composed by representatives of:-
Patrik Hedlund - Industry insight manager, Ericsson
Harris Stamatopoulos - Director , Sustainability InnoCenter
Emma Hansson - Program Manager , Uppsala Innovation Center
Joakim Munkhammar - Associate professor, Uppsala university
Ingrid Lembke von Schéele - Head of Unit Traffic Planning and Mobility at Uppsala Municipality
Evelina Loberg - Environmental strategist ,Gävle municipality
Katharina Paoli Brunat - CEO, Nudgd